Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Veggie Coconut Curry

The Chef: Jennifer 

The Menu: Eggplant, carrots, zucchini, and strips of Coconut Curry Tempeh strips in a coconut curry sauce over brown rice.

The Goods: I am a recipe kind of gal. Unlike some of my coworkers at VN who can whip up an entire raw lunch or soup from scratch without even glancing at an ingredients list, I am the opposite kind of cook. I like my cookbooks, VegNews recipes, and vegan blogs (I heart you veganstoner.com) to make my meals. So when whipping up dinner last night, I found this quick and simple recipe on the back of Turtle Island Foods' marinated Coconut Curry Tempeh Strips for a coconut curry stir-fry. After chopping the veggies and grilling the tempeh, I added a can of low-fat coconut milk and some curry powder and bam! there was a satisfying dinner. If you're like me and love recipes, sign up for our weekly Recipe Club, full of delicious vegan recipes, like today's hunger-inducing Avocado Pesto Pasta. You can already guess what I'll be making for dinner tonight.

No comments: