Thursday, May 5, 2011

Falafel Wrap Sandwich

Chef: Jennifer and Ali Baba's Cave

The Menu: Falafel wrap filled with hummus, tahini, cucumber, tomatoes, roasted eggplant, and potatoes.

The Goods: I am heavily influenced  by descriptions of food. I can't even make it through editing our latest issue, July+August, without trying out one of our new recipes (hello, deep dish pizza!). So when VN Associate Publisher Colleen Holland mentioned Ali Baba's falafel wrap that you could get stuffed with roasted eggplant and potatoes yesterday while we were eating massive burritos (see below), I had to have it for lunch today. I love falafel. Back when I went to NYU, Mamoun's Falafel on MacDougal Street was my $2 lunch standard. This wrap did not disappoint. The roasted potatoes and eggplant were key! The wrap was so large that I saved the second half for tomorrow's lunch (or possibly a late afternoon snack). While falafel isn't normally part of a Cinco de Mayo celebration, nachos are and one lucky winner will win a Daiya Nacho Kit today—hurry the contest ends in a few short hours!

2 comments:

foodfeud said...

Mamouns is great! And STILL filling for 2 bucks!

Katie said...

i live for falafel