Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Brunch for Lunch!

The Chefs: Elizabeth and Herbivore

The Menu: Brunch! A savory tofu scramble with spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms, accompanied by a heaping helping of potatoes and a big green juice.

The Goods: On cold, rainy days like today, the allure of my favorite salad goes way down. I just need something warm and filling to combat the inclement weather. Of course, since I'm now in the second week of Kris Carr's 21-day cleanse (notice: none of the delicious toast that typically comes with this scramble!), I paired the cooked goodies with a green juice and big side salad. The weather is supposed to stay just as cruddy as it is now for the next couple of days, so to facilitate the illusion of warmth, I'll be fantasizing about our current travel feature on VegNews.com: honeymoon destinations. With wedding or without, these spots sound much more inviting than the gray skies above SF.

No comments: