Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Leftovers & Fresh Produce

The Chefs: Lyndsay

The Menu: Leftover vegetarian chicken and broccoli, with a side salad of baby greens, cilantro, and Follow Your Heart Vegan Ranch Dressing. Finally, two fresh strawberries for dessert.

The Goods: I've been working out a lot lately, so I'm a fan of big lunches—this one definitely left me satisfied. I ordered food from my favorite local Chinese takeout last Monday, so I wanted to finish it up today. I also received my first produce box from Farm Fresh to You, which I was very excited about, so I included some of the goods in my meal, making a yummy salad and dessert. I really want to use up the entire box and not let anything go to waste, which is why I included cilantro in my salad, because that is one of the things that I usually end up throwing away. Any suggestions for using cilantro? I'd be most grateful!

2 comments:

Tarts and Tattoos said...

I say make a cilantro pesto. You can store it in the fridge and use it as you will. I use mine on pasta and as a sandwich spread.

hipotecas baratas said...

You gave fantastic honest ideas here. I performed a research on the issue and discovered almost all peoples will agree with your blog. The third single off of Please Please Me, “from Me to You,” was their first number one hit and really began the birth of Beatle