Monday, May 2, 2011

Spinach Salad

The Chef: Anna and Gardein

The Menu: A spinach salad with carrots, tomatoes, red peppers, sweet potatoes, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing, plus Gardein's new Ultimate Beefless Burger

The Goods: Okay, so it might not be the prettiest salad you've ever seen, but it sure was tasty. I first tried Gardein's brand new meatless patty at Expo West, and I was instantly hooked. And by "hooked" I mean I stopped by the Gardein booth at least twice a day. Needless to say, I was excited when a shipment of them was delivered to our door. Come lunch time, I threw a patty in with my salad for an extra dose of protein and deliciousness, and it worked like a charm. Here's to dinner, which will feature another one of these gems, this time sandwiched in a bun with ketchup, some Daiya cheddar, lettuce, tomato, and avocado. Man, I wish it was 7:00pm.

No comments: