Friday, October 22, 2010

Sushi Friday

The Chef: Gabrielle and We Be Sushi

The Menu: A spinach inside-out roll, accompanied by a tofu "steak" smothered in sesame sauce.

The Goods: This fine rainy Friday I had the pleasure of dining with Associate Editor Liz Miller and Office Manager Lyndsay Orwig. We'd planned for warming soup at Sunflower Restaurant, which you may remember from Brooke's Café VegNews post on Tuesday, but since Sunflower was packed with people ducking in to avoid the rain, we settled on We Be Sushi. Can I just say much much I love the rain? It reminds me of home, but it also makes me feel like I have the right to eat like a queen. And that I did, with this delicious roll and tofu. I also feasted on a complementary salad with sesame dressing that the kitchen kindly brought out to replace the non-vegan miso soup. Vegans love nothing more than to be considered, and, we're not going to lie, gifted with freebies. A fine start to the weekend!

No comments: