Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Healthy Leftovers

The Chef: Gabrielle

The Menu: Spicy sautéed kale, oyster mushrooms, and braised tofu, accompanied by a scarlet runner bean and heirloom tomato salad dressed with a pumpkin seed oil vinaigrette.

The Goods: As a Canadian, I heeded my mum's request and made myself a bunch of dishes to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving this past weekend. I guess I didn't think about the fact that I was only cooking for one because my fridge is now packed with leftovers, but I'm not complaining! The bean salad was made possible by fancy organic scarlet runner beans and the highest quality pumpkin seed oil included in a recent care package I received from a friend all the way in Austria. The kale and mushrooms in the other dish are courtesy of the Inner Sunset Farmers' Market, which is my favorite place to be on a Sunday morning.

No comments: