Monday, October 11, 2010

Oktoberfest Sausage

The Chef: Gabrielle and Rosamunde Sausage Grill

The Menu: Apple-sage sausage with sauerkraut and hot peppers, and a pickle.

The Goods: As I’m sure you’ve noticed by our Mexican-, Mediterranean-, and Japanese-inspired lunches of late, the Mission district offers an ethnically diverse selection of eats. Since my dad is a German professor and my first name is Germanic, I took it upon myself to celebrate Oktoberfest today and get a vegan sausage at the nearby Rosamunde Sausage Grill. This place sounds about as unvegan as you can get, but Rosamunde actually does care about vegans, offering us four vegan sausage varieties. I ordered the Field Roast apple sage, with complimentary toppings sauerkraut and hot peppers to round out the flavors. I added a pickle on the side to get my veggies, because that counts, right? With free curry ketchup and spicy brown mustard, Rosamunde is definitely a place I’ll revisit. Oh, and they also offer an impressive selection of craft beers, for future post-work libations!

No comments: