Thursday, October 7, 2010

Jam Sandwich

The Chef: Liz

The Menu: A jam sandwich piled high with homemade plum jelly between two pieces of lightly toasted whole-wheat bread. I paired my sandwich with a cup of Whole Soy Strawberry & Banana soy yogurt, which is unfortunately not pictured—I bought it at a local health food store on my lunch hour!

The Goods: Generally I wouldn't consider toast and jam an acceptable substitute for a sandwich, but with empty cupboards and no peanut butter on hand, I had to make due for the day. It's okay though, because today's a good day, and this evening, after I buy my local grocery store out of house and home, I'm looking forward to curling up with a book good: Animal Camp by Catskill Animal Sanctuary Founder Kathy Stevens. The entire VN staff is currently engrossed with this compassionate read, as its the latest page-turner being discussed over at the VegNews Book Club. Join in the fun by picking up a copy and entering into the conversation today!

1 comment:

Motorcycle Accessories said...

Okay, though, because today is a good day, and tonight, when I buy a grocery store outside the home and family