Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Vietnamese Vermicelli


The Chef: Brooke and Sunflower Restaurant

The Menu: Vegetarian Vietnamese Vermicelli. Also known as Bun Xao Chay, this noodly dish is filled with tofu, mushrooms, bean sprouts, celery, and red-leaves salad. Amazing!

The Goods: Ah, the Mission and its endless possibilities for eats. Our lunch hours are literally inundated with options. I kid you not when I say I spent the better part of 40 minutes walking up and down Valencia, checking out restaurants, reading the posted menus, and creepily trying to peek at what people had ordered. But, always a creature of habit, I went back to my favorite Vietnamese place in the city and ordered what I always do, this generous serving of noodles that will be both my lunch and my dinner. If you're like me and can never make a decision, you might be having trouble planning Halloween. Resist the stand-by cat costume and check out VN's Halloween Newsletter, which will help you with all your cruelty-free All Hallow's Eve needs.

1 comment:

desiree said...

I fell in love with that same dish at Sunflower last time I was in SF! I have a great vegan Vietnamese place here in NYC (Lan Cafe), but that dish from Sunflower is the best I've had. And I had leftovers!