Friday, October 15, 2010

Javalencia? More like Java-licious.


The Chef: Brooke and Javalencia Café

The Menu: A veggie bagel—a toasted everything bagel with hummus, sprouts, cucumber, lettuce, onion, tomato, pickles, and banana peppers.

The Goods: My five conditions for lunch today: 1. Quick 2. Cheap 3.Close 4. Wifi 5. Delicious. Javalencia got five stars in all five categories. I headed out into the Mission for lunch rather than packing one because it's Friday and I deserve a treat. And because my cat kept me up all night. Thanks to the article "Cat People Are People Too," in The New York Times, I no longer have to feel weird telling you all that. Back to Javalencia: The café was adorable and the bagel was delicious, not to mention pretty dang similar to the hummus bagel we VegNewsers used to nosh on at Java Beach in the Outer Sunset. Only this one was served with a side of sunshine. TGIF!

1 comment:

Alex said...

Such an awesome blog! :-) I love it -- great post! I've missed cheesestake sandwiches -- this recipe looks great! I'll have to try it sometime!

Alex

Psst: Come check out my charity blog:
http://www.idealcharity.blogspot.com/
Please become a follower! ;-) (check out the contest)