Monday, October 4, 2010

Vegan Posole!

The Chef: Elizabeth and Gracias Madre

The Menu: Though this photo hardly does it justice, this is the incredible posole from Gracias Madre. It's a lovely, brothy soup with hominy, tortilla strips, and avocado, and is one of my absolute favorite meals on the planet.

The Goods: Yes, I went to Gracias Madre on Friday with Colleen, again today for lunch, and once over the weekend with friends. To say that I'm obsessed would be a heinous understatement. My dad grew up in New Mexico and he makes a fantastic posole, which is nearly impossible to find vegan at restaurants as it's usually made with non-vegan stock. The Gracias Madre version comes in at a close second to my dad's, which is pretty much the highest compliment I can give. Eating well was definitely on the agenda over the weekend, as we celebrated World Veg Festival Weekend. Read all about the adventures of the VN team on Press Pass!

No comments: