Thursday, October 14, 2010

Veggie Sandwich

The Chef: Liz

The Menu: A toasted veggie sandwich layered with silky, homemade sweet potato hummus and three slices of tomato between two slices of crispy toasted whole-wheat bread.

The Goods: I love making homemade hummus with my Vita-Mix, as I can ditch the oil and prepare creative flavors all my own—sorry, roasted garlic variety, but you're total boresville. This satisfying sandwich pairs perfectly with my two afternoon snacks: carrot sticks and grapefruit wedges. Okay, not eaten at the same time, because that sounds awful. After a day spent noshing sweet potatoes and carrots, I may just round out my beta-carotene themed day with a plate of hearty Creamy Harvest Pasta served with a rich, veggie-filled sauce. If tomorrow wasn't Friday, I'd definitely call today the best day ever.

3 comments:

E said...

What's the recipe for the homemade hummus?

Thanks!
Esen

Robin Brande said...

Yes, please tell us!

Pure2raw Twins said...

Sweet potato hummus sounds delicious!