Monday, January 9, 2012

Vegan BBQ Chicken Sandwich


The Chefs: Rashida and Rhea's Deli

The Menu: A faux-chicken sandwich smothered in chili-garlic sauce and loaded with cabbage slaw and pickled onions

The Goods: I accidentally slept through my alarm this morning, which means that my plan to bring lunch from home was unfortunately foiled. Rhea's Deli to the rescue! I had been daydreaming about Rhea's Vegetarian BBQ Chicken sandwich ever since VN Office Manager Lyndsay Orwig endorsed it in the VegEscape section of the January+February issue. The mouthwatering faux-drumsticks drowning in sweet-spicy chili glaze were so satisfying that I may 'accidentally' sleep through my alarm tomorrow morning too! In non-sandwich news, tomorrow is the deadline to subscribe to VegNews in time to get the action-packed March+April issue. I won't give too much away, but let's just say that Potato Chip Chocolate Truffles may be involved...

No comments: