Thursday, January 5, 2012

Grilled "Chicken" Sandwich

The Chefs: Jennifer and Herbivore

The Menu: A grilled soy chicken sandwich with roasted potatoes and side salad

The Goods: When people tell me they think it must be hard to be vegan, I simply tell them I love food and I eat all the time. Seriously, I'm the food editor. It's part of my job. Yes, I do eat vegetables but I also eat awesome soy chicken sandwiches. A friend once said to me that she just pictured vegan restaurants serving plates of broccoli. And while eating healthy is important, vegan eating is just as decadent as my omnivore friend's diets. Heck, just last week I ate a vegan black-and-white cookie from Champs Bakery in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and an eggplant parm hero at 3 Brothers Italian Café in Long Island. So maybe a plate of broccoli is a good idea right about now. If one of your new year's resolutions is to go vegan and you need some tips, check out the VegNews Vegan Starter Kit. Trust me, friends, it's easy!

1 comment:

Rose said...

Oh, to be the food editor! ;)

That grilled "chicken" sandwhich has me drooling!