Friday, June 24, 2011

Vegans Love Salad

The Chef: Jennifer and Herbivore

The Menu: Marinated kale salad with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and crispy soy chicken. For dessert, a deliciously sweet Saturn peach.

The Goods: It's almost six months ago that I started working at VegNews and these are three things that have changed about my life (besides, the killer job). 1. I freaking love raw kale salads, hence the lunch today. 2. I actually enjoy green juice and seek it out. 3. I now own a juicer. VN Managing Editor Elizabeth Castoria always tops her Herbivore kale salad with avocado and soy chicken and it's the best thing I've ever had. Am I losing my New Yorker cred by admitting that I love San Francisco just as much as kale salad? Don't make me choose. If you're visiting SF this weekend for Pride Weekend or planning a visit in the near future, you've got to use our Local Vegan Guide to San Francisco. If not just for the food recommendations (deep-dish pizza, mochi, burritos!), it's a perfect list for a perfect city. I still love you New York!

1 comment:

shannonmarie said...

Mmmm ... vegans do love salad and green juice. Yummy stuff.