Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gracias Madre, Ole!


The Chef: Anna and Gracias Madre

The Menu: An heirloom masa tamal filled with zucchini and onions, plus black beans and some spicy pickled vegetables

The Dish: Okay, so the picture is not what I ordered. But hang with me for a second! My friend, who is currently on her summer vacation (teachers have all the luck, no?) came to the Mission to dine with me. Since it's just really fun to blow people's non-vegan socks off (though I must admit, her socks are vegetarian), I took her to Gracias Madre. I decided on the tamal and my friend ordered the tacos, very similar to those pictured above (I forgot the camera, I'm sorry!). As always, everything was delicious. My friend was particularly impressed by her taco filled with collards and corn that had been stewed in a chile verde sauce. I think there's only one way to respond to that: truth.

No comments: