Monday, June 6, 2011

Pizza and Quinoa Salad

The Chef: Lyndsay

The Menu: Homemade pizza topped with green pepper, jalapeño, Tofurky sausage,  and Daiya cheese, and a quinoa salad on the side from La Cascada.

The Goods: The VN staff were lucky enough to score a ton of Daiya at Natural Products Expo West last March, and I was fortunate to be able to take a whole 5-pound bag of the mozzarella home. Sadly, this pizza has the last of my supply on top of it, but it's one good pizza. Although, I felt like I needed something a little more. Fortunately, I was already making a quick trip to Rainbow Grocery to purchase some henna hair dye, so I also picked up this delicious-looking salad to pair with my pizza. It was a good choice, I must say. Before I close, I want to remind you guys of the recently announced VegNews Street Team, which I will be managing. We are now accepting applications, and would love to see yours!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look amazing
Pizza