Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tofu, Stir Fry, and Cookies


The Chef: Anna and Lynsday

The Menu: Baked tofu, mixed vegetables in a tamari-peanut sauce, a peach, and chocolate chip cookies

The Goods: After almost two weeks of nothing but sunshine and skirts, it's raining and chilly here in San Francisco. Major bummer, to say the least. To cheer myself up, I packed one of my favorite meals for lunch: my own recipe for baked tofu plus veggies and a just-perfect peach. After lunch, Managing Editor Elizabeth, Associate Editor Jennifer, Publisher Joseph, and I played a few spirited and competitive rounds of office favorite Bananagrams. To top it off, Office Manager Lyndsay brought in homemade chocolate chip cookies to cheer us all up. Okay, so maybe my mood was lifted a bit! Check out Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Vegan with a Vengeance to make Lyndsay's cookies yourself. Can't get enough of Isa? Make sure to watch for our September+October issue ... it's to pie for!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

San Franciscot, you say! Pefect peaches! I can see why you got into writing/editing as a career.