Friday, March 4, 2011

Very Sloppy Joes

The Chef: Lyndsay

The Menu: A delicious vegan Sloppy Joes sandwich, which consists of onion, red bell pepper, and textured vegetable protein. A side of pretzels and an apple helped to top off this satisfying lunch.

The Goods: I took a small hiatus from cooking, so once I got back to it, I needed to keep it simple—at least for the first few meals. These yummy Sloppy Joes were just the ticket! I followed the insanely simple recipe from The Urban Vegan cookbook, written by VN Contributor Dynise Balcavage, which I recently purchased since I'm a fan of her blog. Now don't be fooled! Not all of her recipes are this easy, but I look forward to trying the more intricate ones, such as the Nouveau Pot au Feu (a French stew), which I've heard really good things about. It's been a busy week at the VNHQ, but every week comes to an end, and we hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I make these at least once a month. Love them. So much beter than the commercial "M" sauce.