Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Vegan Chicken Sandwich

The Chef: Jennifer and Herbivore

The Menu: Grilled soy chicken sandwich on French bread with a side salad and roasted french fries, and a green juice.

The Goods:
After reading about the 7 Best Vegan Sandwiches, I really wanted to eat a big sandwich, so I headed to Herbivore. It did not disappoint. VN Editorial Assistant Alexandra Chang had the soy chicken shawarma, and we shared half and half because what's better than having one sandwich? Having two. After my first venture into trying green juice on this very blog, I found I actually like it and even ordered one at Herbivore. So the moral of the story, friends, try out something new. I used to turn away from green juice (it looked like sludge to me) but now I've made baby steps to enjoying it to the point where I'm considering buying a juicer. Need some green smoothie recipes to get you started? Check out Katherine Lawrence's two green smoothies on VegNews TV.

No comments: