Thursday, March 24, 2011

Salad and Vegan Nachos


The Chef: Anna

The Menu: A spring mix salad topped with edamame, green peppers, carrot, avocado, and Follow Your Heart White Balsamic Dijon Vinaigrette. Oh, and what's that over there? Why, it's a heap of homemade vegan nachos!

The Goods: The weather today is less than ideal (let's just say my umbrella turned inside out nine times on my walk to VNHQ), so any chances of going out for today's lunch were scrapped. Luckily I always bring a salad from home, but today I needed a little something extra. So I reached into our stores of Daiya pepperjack and Beanfields chips and voila! Zesty nachos. The warm, peppery cheesiness was the perfect accompaniment to my greens and a tasty antidote to the cold, gloomy rain pouring down outside. Is the weather in your hometown bumming you out too? Check out our 10 mood-boosting tips, and get out of that rut faster than I can whip up another plate of nachos (which I am going to do. Right. Now.).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

been subscribing to this for a while now and just thought i'd say hello! i'm in the east bay so the mood boosters definitely came in handy for me today as well!

Debra said...

Yum, yum!!! Looks delish!
Blessings, Debra
Raw Vegan Diet