Monday, April 11, 2011

Vegan Meatball Sub

The Chef: Anna and Ike's Place
The Menu: The Meatless Mike: meatballs, soy mozzarella, and marinara with lettuce, tomato, red onions, and Ike's Dirty Secret Sauce, plus a bag of Dirty potato chips and a watermelon Blow Pop for dessert!

The Goods: Whoever said Mondays are the pits? Thanks to the finally-reopened Ike's (hallelujah!) providing me with a delicious vegan meatball sub, my Monday was anything but. I finished the entire thing, and still wanted more. Maybe I'll be able to write off that "extra stomach" surgery as a medical necessity to my insurance company. Need help ordering vegan fare at your local sandwich shop? Check out the first installment in our new Vegan 101 series on food, which gives you the low-down on how to order, shop, and cook like a vegan pro.

No comments: