Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pasta with Marinara Sauce


The Chef: Alexandra

The Menu: Linguine and marinara sauce with bell peppers, onion, and garlic (even though you can't see the veggies very well in the photo). And an orange.

The Goods: When I was younger, one of my favorite breakfasts was leftover spaghetti. Now it's my go to carb-heavy, comforting meal. There's something so satisfying about piles of pasta topped with thick tomato sauce (read more about other delicious sauces here), or any pasta dish for that matter. To add a bit more nutrition to the meal, I started with an orange. Hopefully I don't go into a carb coma anytime soon, especially since I have VN's third Twitter chat to look forward to tonight! We're talking with founders of some of the most successful vegan businesses including Sweet & Sara, Chicago Soydairy, Vegan Essentials, and Veggie Grill to chat about how to start a vegan venture.

1 comment:

Happy Go Lucky Vegan (Jesse) said...

Sometimes simple is the way to go. This little pasta dish had my mouth watering!