Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Vegan Spaghetti and Meatballs


The Chefs: Anna, Elizabeth, and Colleen

The Menu: Rotini with meatless meatballs and Elizabeth's dad's second best (we'll get to that in a second) spaghetti sauce, and a fresh salad with cherry tomatoes, avocado, shredded carrots, and vinaigrette c/o Colleen

The Goods: Wondering about second best, I presume? Well, there's been a lot of trash (or is it smack?) talk between myself and fellow Italian Elizabeth Castoria over which one of our fathers' tomato sauce recipes reigns supreme. Throw in VN's other Italian, Publisher Joseph Connelly (and his mother's recipe), and it's a rumble between Italian factions. It's very "Leave the gun, take the vegan cannoli" and all that hullabaloo. While I maintain that one day we'll have to have a blind taste test with all three, after having tasted this batch, I must say that, well, my dad's sauce is still way better. Yes, I'm biased, but I'm also the author of this post, so you can only accept my opinion on the matter. Prego.

4 comments:

pjr said...

My pasta sauce is the best, actually, and unlike Elizabeth's father and your own, I am not a dad. So its that much better. Why? Stop asking questions and just believe me.

Also, I want in on this blind taste test.

One more also, I've had E's dad's pasta and yes it is effing good!!

Tammy said...

I just want the recipes for all your obviously delicious sauces! I can even be a judge too, if need be :)

dip said...

Here You can Watch nice collection of New Year Messages 2016
Happy New Year Wishes 2016

accounting company london said...

nice post thanks for update