Monday, February 13, 2012

Kale Salad + Quinoa


The Chefs: Anna and Herbivore

The Menu: A kale salad with cherry tomatoes, carrots, onion, cucumber, and avocado, plus a little leftover quinoa for bulk

The Goods: A week ago today I embarked on a three-day juice cleanse, so I think I speak for all of us when I say it's a good thing I didn't post on CVN (otherwise it would have been nothing but "I'm hungry" and "aloe water is disgusting," because, well, that's all I really said). The good thing about my juice cleanse, however, was that I came out of it feeling clean and ready to stay focused on eating healthier. Cue: kale salad! Despite the fact that our favorite lunch spot revamped its menu (cheesesteaks! meatball subs!), I managed to resist temptation and go with the greens. Two boxes of truffles just arrived to the office, however, so ... there's that. Want to get in some cleansing without going all-liquid? Make sure to add these top 10 detox foods to your meals!

No comments: