Thursday, August 11, 2011

Holy Guacamole!




The Chefs: Joni and Jeremy

The Menu: Amy’s Kitchen pre-made black bean burrito topped with Jeremy’s spicy guacamole, a side of Beanfields bean and rice chips, and sweet, crispy palmier cookies for dessert. 
 
The Goods: In between preparing updates for VegNews.com, writing VegNews Dailies, and consuming mass amounts of caffeine via cup after cup of coffee, I managed to stop and take a break with a California-inspired lunch. My boyfriend Jeremy makes the most amazing guacamole ever, with onions, spicy red peppers, lime juice, and more. Whenever he makes it, we’ll put it on everything we eat until not even a molecule of the green stuff remains in the bowl, so I had to take some to work with me before it all disappeared. And as for the Beanfields chips, the VNHQ staff cannot get enough of them; there always seems to be an open bag tempting us somewhere in the office! This lunch was great and will surely power me through the rest of this writing-intensive day. 

1 comment:

Jesse @ Happy Go Lucky Vegan said...

I could eat guacamole every day. I'm completely not exaggerating for emphasis with that statement. Yum!