Thursday, August 4, 2011

Burrito Party!


The Chefs: Jennifer and Taqueria Cancun

The Menu: A burrito stuffed with refried beans, avocado, rice, pico de gallo; a melon agua fresca, two spicy salsas, tortilla chips, and Beanfield's Pico de Gallo chips.

The Goods: Don't worry. I didn't eat all of this by myself for lunch. The VN team and I chowed down on delicious burritos from our local taqueria after we wrapped up our stellar September+October issue. We can't wait for you guys to see it. VN Office Manager Lyndsay Orwig taught me an important trick to making an awesome burrito even better; Stuff it with tortilla chips! Genius. This launched into a discussion about stuffing potato chips into PB&J sandwiches and French fries into veggie burgers. Needless to say, we were all pretty stuffed from our delicioso lunch. But I'm not too stuffed to dream about a VeganTreats dessert party or a box of Premium Chocolatiers' 30-truffle boxes, which y0u could win simply by voting in our 10th annual Veggie Awards. I already voted (even though I can't win amazing prizes). Have you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

psst, You meant taqueria cancun. No c. Looks great!