Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Vegan Indian Soup

The Chefs: Jennifer and Amy's Kitchen

The Menu: Indian Golden Lentil Soup and a banana

The Goods: After reading Crazy Sexy Diet, I actually found myself reading my food labels more carefully. If I can't identify what the heck is in my food (hello, red dye #40!) then I put the food down. When Amy's Kitchen stopped by our office to debut some new products, I was eager to try one of their new soups, the Indian Golden Lentil. All I have to say is yum. With 13 identifiable ingredients and Indian spices, this soup warmed up the chilly day we're having in San Francisco. The banana was a nice sweet snack to replace my craving for actual sugar. While I haven't tackled the 21-day cleanse like superstar VN Editorial Assistant Anna Peraino who just finished it, Kris' book does make me think about how we treat our bodies. Speaking of Kris, if you want to chat with her live, VegNews is hosting our very first Twitter chat on Tuesday, February 22, at 6pm PST/9pm EST with @Kris_Carr as a our special guest. We'll be chatting under the Twitter hashtag #VegNewsChat. Join us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to buy Amy's delicious products but don't anymore because her cans have BPA coating.

Abby Bean said...

I'm a huge fan of Amy's soups; I'm hoping this new flavor has a Mulligatawny feel.

Mimi Clark said...

Amy's found a BPA free lining that will work with their products. The transition to non BPA coatings began in January 2011 and will be completed by the end of the year.

Mimi Clark, Veggie Gourmet
www.veggourmet.wordpress.com