Friday, February 4, 2011

Green Salad and Tacos

The Chefs: Elizabeth and Herbivore

The Menu: Crispy tacos with beans, guacamole, and tofu spread, plus a huge green salad with shredded beets, avocado, mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber with a Dijon dressing.

The Goods: So, you might be thinking that the picture above looks nothing like the tacos and salad I described. You might be totally right. Unfortunately, hunger got the better of me today, and I rushed out of the office sans camera. To make up for my thoughtlessness, I figured this photo of my all-time favorite Herbivore meal would suffice. That's right, the grilled faux-chicken sandwich is hands-down my favorite, and possibly my favorite sandwich ever. Why I didn't just order this today, I'm honestly not sure. Perhaps it was because I was distracted by the lovely conversation with Associate Editor Jennifer, and Editorial Assistants Anna and Alexandra, who were kind enough to share lunch with me. In case you're curious as to why Joseph and Colleen weren't on-hand at lunch, it's because they're currently en route for the thrilling second installment of VegNews Great Adventure to India!

No comments: