Friday, January 14, 2011

Yoga & Beet Burgers


The Chef: The Plant and Colleen

The Menu: A hearty and delicious all-vegan burger made with lentils, mushrooms, beets, cashews, and bulgur wheat served with organic greens and roasted potatoes.

The Goods: Happy Friday, everyone! Today, I am out of the office at the annual Yoga Journal Conference right here in San Francisco. The weekend is filled with interesting speakers (including a handful on the connection between food and yoga), business classes (everything from a social media how-to to marketing with mindfulness), and dozens of yoga classes from esteemed instructors (including Sharon Gannon and David Life—who promote a vegan lifestyle as part of their Jivamukti-style teaching). Since the conference is just a few blocks from The Plant (the restaurant has a stunning location along San Francisco's waterfront), I decided to pick up lunch from this vegan-friendly eatery. Never having tried its signature beet burger (photo above courtesy of Vegansaurus.com), it was love at first bite. Seriously, one of the best veggie burgers I've ever had. And since I could only finish half, a tasty dinner awaits me. In other news, the VNHQ is closed on Monday to honor Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, so Café VegNews will be back on Tuesday. Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

I just found this blog off of the VegNews website. I love it! Plus its Blogspot and that is the blog I use. I write a vegan blog as well. Thanks for this great blog!