Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Salad, Scrambled Tofu, and Black Beans


The Chef: Anna and Herbivore

The Menu: A homemade spinach salad with carrots, zucchini, sweet potato, and balsamic vinaigrette with Herbivore's southwestern scrambled tofu, black beans, and guacamole.

The Goods: I am currently participating in a certain VN cover star's 21-day cleanse (I think it's safe to say we're obsessed), so taking a gluten-free trip to Herbivore was a different experience. I ordered the southwestern tofu scramble but shied away from the delectable blueberry cornbread and skillet potatoes in order to stay on the detox track (not easy, mind you). After my half plate's worth of salad I couldn't even eat a third of my Herbivore grub, so I will save it for a rainy day (and by "rainy day" I mean "about three o'clock this afternoon"). Hopefully the next 18 days will fly bythen I can grab some vegan peanut butter cups from the VegNews Valentine's Store, which just opened this week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love herbivore! I wish there was one in San Diego.