Monday, January 24, 2011

Almond Butter and Jelly


The Chef:
Alexandra

The Menu: Almond butter and strawberry jam sandwich on cinnamon raisin bread.

The Goods: Last week I opted out of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich for some delicious pizza, but this week it seems that the simple sandwich is on every VN staffers mind (we're working on our upcoming March+April issue, so keep an eye out for a PB&J appearance!). I made a slight change using almond butter instead, and swapped out plain bread for some cinnamon raisin slices. Yes, I do like my sweet meals extra sweet. As my mom always informs me, "You aren't that healthy with all the sugar you eat!" So I have a little sugar problem, but with the help of Kris Carr's 21-Day Cleanse I'll hopefully be cutting back soon. You could also start delving into this lovely lady's book by entering this week's giveaway, where one lucky winner will receive a copy of Carr's new book and the January+February issue of VegNews where she is featured on the cover. Just remember to start cleansing after all the awesome vegan parties. I'm thinking after this Thursday's SF Vegan Drinks (where you will find me sipping on some tasty Bloody Mary's).

No comments: