Thursday, January 6, 2011

Veggie Burrito with Chips


The Chef:
Anna and Papalote Mexican Grill

The Menu: An enormous veggie burrito, stuffed with black beans, rice, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, and guacamole. Throw in a big heap of tortilla chips with Papalote's perfectly spicy salsa? Don't mind if I do.

The Goods: I went to Papalote today in order to correct a traumatic experience. I know what you're thinking: how on earth could one have a traumatic experience involving burritos? Well listen here. This past Monday on my way to my first day at VNHQ I shuffled down 24th street toward Valencia and BAM! Papalote's windows were covered in brown paper. Could it really be that this delicious food was disappearing from my life? But fear not, dear readers, they were only remodeling. So in order to give myself the proverbial pinch that wakes me from my "Papalote's is closed" nightmare, I (along with fellow VN Editorial Assistant Alexandra) trekked on over there today. And I have to say it tasted better than ever. The carrots were roastier, the black beans were creamier, and I think they gave me some extra super yummy guacamole after I told them about my Monday morning freak out. While devouring my burrito and chips, I couldn't help but think about the So Delicious chocolate Coconut Milk that was delivered to VNHQ yesterday. A girl needs her dessert, right? And in case you were wondering, yes, my stomach is three times the size of a normal person's.

3 comments:

Gloria said...

I have spinach tortillas, which I buy at Grand Central Market in Los Angeles. But I don't make veggie burritos with them. I make Veggie BURROS!

www.veganisthelife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Yummy. Wishing I lived on the west coast.

luvyoyoma1954 said...

I CANNOT FIND THE ACTUAL RECIPES THAT GO WITH YOUR PICTURE AND DESCRIPTION.

I WANT TO TRY A LOT OF YOUR RECIPES.