Tuesday, November 30, 2010

California Burrito

The Chef: Gabrielle and Taqueria el Buen Sabor

The Menu: This monstrous "California" burrito was filled with tofu, sautéed green peppers, mushrooms, and onions, salsa, rice, refried beans, and probably about a million other things I'm forgetting due to my food coma. Sides of complimentary chips and salsa were also too hard to pass up.

The Goods: Why on earth you don't see more burritos on Café VegNews lately is beyond me. Our neighborhood, the Mission District, is the taqueria central of San Francisco, so Editorial Assistant Brooke Still and Office Manager Lyndsay Orwig decided today was the day for a giant burrito. I'm trying to find the best burrito in San Francisco, which is proving a little challenging because I'm a naive Canadian who knows very little about makes a burrito truly great, but I do know what my taste buds like, and Taqueria el Buen Sabor delivered. In non-burrito news, don't miss our application deadline (tomorrow, December 1!) to have your own vegan wedding featured in VegNews' annual wedding issue!

1 comment:

nourishthespirit said...

Papalote's mole tofu burrito is the bomb!