Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rice, Beans, and Burrito

The Chef: Brooke

The Menu: A hearty serving of grains and kidney beans and an evol fajita burrito stuffed with sauteed peppers and onions, Spanish-style rice, black beans, and tomato and corn salsa, all wrapped up in a whole-wheat tortilla. Amazing.

The Goods: Here's the thing: I woke up at 8:20 this morning and made it to work by 9:06. This sadly left me without my favorite meal of the day: breakfast. Naturally, by 12:30 pm I was STARVING. Enter short-grain brown rice, kidney beans, and burrito. The combination of the beans and rice filled me up, but just to compensate for missing my beloved cereal and soymilk, I treated myself to the savory, delicious burrito, courtesy of one of our favorite burrito suppliers, evol. Luckily our offices are seconds away from the beach, making it easy to tell myself: walk it off.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, i have been on such a beans binge lately!
theyre just so filling and give you the perfect boost!
not to mention theyre the perfect fat free protein munchie!

looks amazing!

Gena said...

What??? No brekkie?!

Yo, nothing can keep me from a morning meal. I'd have been late.

(Sorry, what an unprofessional sentiment.)

:-)