Thursday, September 2, 2010

Peanut Butter & Jam

The Chef: Liz

The Menu: A classic lunch combo including a PB&J made with whole-wheat bread, peanut butter, and homemade plum jam paired alongside a serving of crunchy carrot sticks and a ripe, red apple.

The Goods: Thanks to VN volunteer extraordinaire Frankie McGee, my favorite childhood sandwich got an all-natural upgrade with homemade plum jam. In addition to gifting the VN staff with this PB&J-approved plum jam, Frankie regularly brings in homemade jellies, jams, veggie spreads, preserves, pickles, bread, and desserts—vegan chocolate mousse with amaretto, anyone? Because yes, Frankie kindly whips up all of those tasty treats for the VN staff. I enjoyed my satisfying sandwich al fresco today, and finished off my midday meal with a refreshing ice tea from Java Beach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since I was a kid, PB&J is my fave. I've upgraded a bit and now use unsweetened cherry preserves. Sublime. We just planted a plum tree, so I'd love the recipe for plum jam. Sounds fantastic.