Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hello, Healthy Eating!



The Chef: Brooke

The Menu
: A heaping pile of Brussels sprouts, a Granny Smith apple, toast, and almond butter. That's a mouthful! (Pun intended.)

The Goods: I probably should be on the cover of the 2010 January+February "Hello Healthy!" issue of VegNews, because that's how good I feel after this lunch. We recently received a giant shipment of Wilderness Poets nut butters, and I was looking for an excuse to try the Roasted Almond Butter variety. That's where my Granny Smith apple came in handy—apples and nut butter is a match made in heaven. I also sampled some Dave's Killer Bread that our fearless leader Colleen Holland brought back from the Portland Veg Fest this weekend, and at just 75 calories a slice, it was amazing! I moved onto some steamed Brussels sprouts, a treat that I loved as a child with plenty of vinegar, just like my dad, and then enjoyed this surprisingly hot Tuesday with a little stroll by the beach. Got to get that vitamin D.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

That meal looks DELISH!
The brussell sprouts look cooked perfectly!
ANd I am TOTALLY trying vinegar on them next time!
With some course sea salt!
Yum!
Gonna check out that bread!

abendkleider said...

These all are really very perfect these all are really very amazing. it was amazing! I moved onto some steamed Brussels sprouts, a treat that I loved as a child with plenty of vinegar.

Anonymous said...

Dave's Killer Bread RULES! How surprised was I to find a vegan sliced bread at the local grocery chain last month? I love how many seeds are not just on top but all the way through! :D Mm, Brussels sprouts with vinegar- sounds great!

Orient Express Trips said...

You have made really nice blog so that people can know about various recipes. But I like that you have included healthy recipe as well so that people can stay healthy by making that type of dish. The above one is truly good recipe and I think it is much more healthy as it is full of green vegetables.