Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hearty Kale Salad

The Chef: Elizabeth

The Menu: A huge, delicious kale salad with a tangy lemon vinaigrette, chopped onions, halved cherry tomatoes, avocado, cucumber and grilled soy chicken.

The Goods: If there's one food I love in this world, it's kale salad. I could eat it every single day for the rest of my life, and, in fact, probably will if I'm lucky! There's just something so wonderfully hearty and healthy about a huge bunch of greens tossed in a yummy dressing with enormous chunks of avocado and a few other add-ins. I scored this particularly satisfying version from Herbivore, which is literally located around the corner from VN's new office. I've been going to the Valencia location since I was a teenager, and, as soon as I found out where the new office would be, planned to have my first blog day lunch there. Success! We hope to have as much success seeing you all at SF Vegan Drinks tomorrow night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do you NOT post the recipes for these?

mysticxian said...

its a salad. Just take the ingredients posted up top and put them in a bowl and add however much you want.

Anonymous said...

That looks AMAZING! I may be moving soon to the area. A great find for when I'm there.

whitney blane said...

this looks soo delicious! now i just have to decide between this and an egg tahini salad recipe i found....so hard to choose!

http://www.draxe.com/video/egg-tahini-salad-transform-your-kitchen-ep-23/