Monday, December 21, 2009

Brazilian Black Bean Stew

The Chef: Colleen

The Menu: A super delicious sweet-and-savory stew! This was yet another recipe from 1,000 Vegan Recipes, and if only for this one alone, the book is a hit! Black beans, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, cumin, mango, and banana all joined forces in this cozy stew. A light side salad with sliced mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, grated carrots, and a balsamic vinaigrette perfectly complemented the hearty main.

The Goods: Well, cookbook week has come to its close, but we still have one copy of Robin Robertson's latest work to dole out. Yes, we are totally like Santa. Minus the reindeer, semi-religious affiliation, and red suit. But otherwise, we and Santa are one in the same! Ok, so without further ado our final copy of 1,000 Vegan Recipes goes to livingroovy! Livingroovy, send us an email and we'll send your book right out.

6 comments:

shelby h.k. said...

so weird, my friend just bought me this book for christmas!! i made the maple, balsamic, mustard glazed tofu (amazingggg) and tossed with cous cous and kale. yum!

small cabin said...

I am planning to give my friend the same cookbook. She is just starting to go vegan. The cookbook can help.

Caroline said...

I have the cookbook and it's my new go-to for recipes. Very reliable.

beeps said...

the recipes from this book look awesome! too bad i missed the giveaways... but final grades were calling me!

i'm going to ironchef me some onion pergogies tonight. way awesome

vegckry said...

Here's another version of black bean soup I tried. You might like it, too!

http://www.vegrecipes4u.com/black-bean-soup.html

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh, I love all things sweet potatoes!