Monday, September 21, 2009

Gardein and Roasted Veggies

The Chef: Lyndsay

The Menu: Today's meal featured two of our absolute favorite things: roasted veggies and Gardein. Lyndsay roasted carrots, potatoes, zucchini, and yellow squash with tons of herbs, and prepared some Chick'n Scallopini and Crispy Tenders. Um, yum. That cute little dollop on the side? That would be Caesar salad dressing, which served as a slightly mustardy dipping sauce for our tenders.

The Goods: First, for some old business from last week, congratulations to Andréa N.! She has officially won our very last copy of Vegan Yum Yum. Andréa N., send us an email with your full name and mailing address, and we'll send your book right out. Now, for the new business. You might just be seeing a few more meals with Gardein this week, as we have a bunch of their new products in the office to try out. The two we tried today were totally delicious, and we look forward to tomorrow's tasting!

1 comment:

Lorena said...

I tried their shredded pork product and thought it was okay. I had to doctor it up with some additional barbecue sauce. The texture was a little soft, but I suppose I could try pan-frying it next time...I am interested in seeing what you guys think, though, because my local grocery store carries a lot of Gardein products.

Oh, and many thanks for the cookbook! I'm trying to figure out just what I'll try next. :)