Friday, August 21, 2009

Black-Bean Soup and Daiya Pizzas

The Chef: Colleen

The Menu: An unbelievable spread of savory treats, starting off with a zesty black-bean soup filled with roasted eggplant, onions, and carrots. A healthy dose of garlic and cumin seed seasoned Colleen's signature roasted potatoes, and a little something we like to call individual Daiya pizzas made an appearance. Topped with the perfect Daiya blend—that's right, two kinds of melty, stretchy cheese—and Match Meats BBQ pork, these tasty pies didn't last long.

The Goods: Not only did we enjoy a stellar meal thanks to Colleen's culinary ingenuity, but we dined al fresco for the first time all week. Then there was this entire plate of goodies to be grateful for, including homemade chocolate fudge. Yes, fudge. And Dandies. And cookies, courtesy of Pattycake Bakery and our very own Joe Connelly. If you need us, we'll be bouncing off the walls thanks to a fantastic Friday sugar high. Happy weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get the 'Match Meats'... I'm a vegetarian and the last think I want is real meat, let alone 'FAKE MEAT'...

Anonymous said...

I was raised eating meat and love the texture. I do not want the saturated fat and lord knows what else comes along with eating it.(environment, treatment of animals, Etc.) but I find it very difficult to give up the texture that I am used to. I am very happy with this product but agree it is not for everyone especially if you do not want the texture of meat. I love that it gives me the option of actually making recipes and creating vs. a preformed item, like my Mom's stuffed cabbage for instance. Try making that with one of the pre formed or even the crumbled options. Go Fake Meat! I think people get a little self centered with the meat replacements as if they were developed just for them. If you don't like it don't eat it, that's what I do. As far as Match goes, there is nothing to "get", just don't and don't ruin it for the rest of us, please.