Thursday, October 22, 2009

Italian Tomato Soup

The Chef: Sara

The Menu: A delicious, chunky tomato soup with pasta, garbanzo beans, spinach, and black beans, which we heartily topped with Daiya. The Italian theme continued to the salad, which featured cherry tomatoes and pine nuts, along with avocado and romaine. Finally, slices of toasted rustic bread with Earth Balance rounded out the meal.

The Goods: We have tons of good news today! First, congratulations to Caitlin H for her winning comment from yesterday's giveaway! Caitlin, please send us an email with your full name and mailing address, and your Sjaak's Peanut Butter Cups will be on their way to you! Next, it should be noted that Sara did a fantastic job as chef today, but there is one other chef about whom we are pretty excited. Tal Ronnen, who penned our Book of the Year, is appearing on The Oprah Winfrey Show today (or has already appeared on it, depending on your time zone!), and we're absolutely thrilled for him, for veganism going totally mainstream, and for the animals.

2 comments:

Tess, That'll Do said...

I really hope that that Oprah episode shows up on YouTube, because I missed it! :(

Amey said...

Caitlin's happiness is my happiness. Caitlin's happiness is my happiness. Caitlin's happiness is my happiness. Caitlin's happiness is my happiness. Caitlin's happiness is my happiness...

at least, that's what I keep telling myself! :)