Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tell-All Tuesday

The Chef: Elizabeth

The Menu: Today we bring you another exciting round of "throw together everything in the fridge and see how it comes out!" Up at the top of the plate we had some steamed collards with sauteed onions, garlic, and sausage. Next Elizabeth totally piggy-backed on the delicious salad that Aurelia made yesterday by adding some more lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, and avocado to the leftovers. Finally, we got individual pugliese pizzas that had all the fun of garlic bread and pizza in one neat package. Okay, these pizzas were neither packaged nor "neat," but they did hit the spot. Pulled together with some leftover tomato sauce, a few cloves of garlic, an olive tapenade, and more of a certain kind of dairy-free cheese—this time in mozzarella flavor.

The Goods: Okay, just this minute we have received the official go ahead from the makers of our mystery cheese who are none other than the amazing guys over at Chicago Soydairy. Branching out from their already-awesome Temptation Vegan Ice Cream, their new product, Teese, is sure to take its place amongst the meltiest of all cheeses, dairy or otherwise. Teese is only going out to restaurants right now, so if you have a vegan restaurant and have been bombarded with requests for grilled cheese sandwiches, get in contact with them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! I just received my giveaway winnings yesterday in the mail. I am in cookie heaven!!! Thanks so much!
--Lindsay

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Hooray for Teese! This looks like a lovely lunch.

Ula1010 said...

Whaaaat?!? I never would have picked the Temptation guys to move onto cheese, but this makes me very happy! I love Temptation, and as a Chicagoan myself, I'll be heading over to the Whole Foods that uses it on their pizzas. I always feel grumpy when I don't see any vegan pizza options at the Whole Foods deli.