Thursday, February 28, 2008

Team Salad


The Chefs: Lisa & Molly

The Menu: Salad #1 involved a simple-yet-sensational combo of baby spinach and fresh plum tomatoes tossed in a homemade dijon-garlic vinaigrette. Next up was a surprisingly potent mélange of sweet yellow corn, black beans, fresh lime, crushed garlic, cumin, nutritional yeast, and cayenne pepper. Rounding out our salad-laden plates was a pile of baked regular and bbq potato crisps.

The Goods: Here at the VNHQ, we take pride in our tight-knit, fun, and industrious team, and today's meal was a perfect example. Today we've been extra busy and meeting-intensive, so we all came together to pull off yet another nutritious and utterly delicious lunch by pooling our talents. The results? Molly's garlicky spinach and tomato salad, Lisa's world-famous black-bean salad, and the benefits of Frankie's home-grown limes.

1 comment:

Kristen's Raw said...

I LOVE VEGNEWS! Had to come by and tell you all that. I'm like a kid in a candy store when my magazine arrives. I have a routine each time...

I quickly flip through each page to get an idea of the content. Then I slowly go back and read each and every word very carefully, dog earing special pages. Then, I save it again for another reading at a later date.

LOVE IT!!!