Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pesto Pasta

The Chefs: Jennifer and Valencia Whole Foods

The Menu: Savvy Savories Vegan Pesto Pasta with sun-dried tomatoes

The Goods: I blame Editorial Assistant Hilary Pollack for my addiction to this pesto pasta. She bought it all the time, and she made me try it to understand her obsession. Now, I'm hooked. The roasted cashews add a nice cheese-like taste to this pesto. I could eat it every day. Stop me. Immediately after eating this savory dish, all I really want is something sweet. So it's a good thing I'm baking up the Chocolate Sugar Cookies Iced with Crushed Candy Cane Topping recipe from our Holiday Cookie Contest. I'm not the world's best baker so I'm glad I'm chatting with some of the best vegan bakers tonight at 6pm PT during our VegNews Twitter Chat to get some help.

4 comments:

Sasha Cohen said...

Yumm! I made a similar vegan pesto pasta w/ gluten free pasta here: http://kalewithlove.blogspot.com/2011/11/super-pasta-w-tomato-pesto-sauce.html
Going to try your version next time because it looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!!!

Sasha Cohen said...

Where can I buy Savvy Savories product? Thx!

VegNews Magazine said...

Hi!

You can find Savvy Savories products in the Bay Area at local grocery stores. They're not nationally distributed but hopefully some day! Thanks for your pesto pasta recipe!

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Is there a recipe? This looks fabulous!